Ok guys, I buckled.
I tried to take a vow of plastic celibacy, but last night these shoes
were chillin near the googly eyes
and they used their combined seductive powers to entice me to make these:
They're SO RAD!!!
Especially when you have them all together, the TRIFORCE power of hat/shades/sneaks:
My mind is boggled and torn. I absolutely LOVE the whole creative process of making stuff like this. Actually, scratch that, more than love: I GET OFF ON the whole creative process. How do I continue this path without supporting industries that harm our Earth? Like, I'm not trying to be an a$$hole and shove these issues in everyone's face, but it is something that we need to think about and make efforts to change. And since I've always been an advocate of ethical consumption and living self-sufficiently it would make absolutely no sense for me to construct my business without considering the impact it would have in ripple-effect.
As I continue to battle this problem, I will keep on with my other projects and hopefully find a way to consolidate these seemingly opposing matters.
This video completely encapsulates my perspective.
(I'm very wordy today, aren't I? Must be lack of sleep.)
"Questions of science, science and progress
don't speak as loud as my heart"




We have to make more dates to create stuff together... I too have been thinking about ways to get crafty with things that I already have laying around the house. Old plastic containers, old jewellery, hardware and cables that I don't use... Maybe you could find a way to make cool stuff that's made with at least 50% recycled/reused materials?... I think we could inspire one another... Let's make it a steady thing. Once a week! Let me know if that's something we can work out... :) Melissa
ReplyDeleteCrazy, I was thinking of you all last night when I was crafting and I kept meaning to message you, but I kept getting drawn into the googlyness and getting distracted. Too bad there are very few thrift stores at our disposal. If we were back in Canada we'd be set. Let's set a date! Message me on email/FB and let's get it going. I agree once a week! I AM IN!!
ReplyDeleteWHOA! Your creations are awesomesauce! Great job Andy!
ReplyDeleteThanks Geoff!! :D
ReplyDeleteThose shoes might be THE BEST THING EVER. I <3 <3 <3!
ReplyDeletesuper duper cool! and the youtube video is awesome.. :)
ReplyDelete