These three days were my first three at IdeaCity. I was a new attendee, or a new "Idealist", as they called it. I have ALWAYS wanted to go, having seen bits and pieces of the conferences on TV, so when I was asked to be the correspondent for Panasonic I jumped at the opportunity.
Today, on the last day, I sat close to the back of the room so I could observe my fellow Idealists as we took in the presentations.
Overall, I was impressed with the eloquence and passion of the speakers, and overcome with the level of energy generated in the audience. The theater was brimming with inspiration, an electric hum of activity getting ready to launch change into the world.
Educational. Fascinating. Intelligent. Motivational.
I will take all of this away with me and let it sit for a while. As I wrote on my Facebook wall: "~ if you think I was ambitious and motivated before, well, you ain't seen nothin' yet!! ~"... I already feel the calm before the storm, and it feels nice. I just hope that one day I can be up there on that stage encouraging thought and sharing my experiences, a catalyst of change... I hope that one day I too will be able to inspire people like myself, standing on the shores of their futures, looking out at the horizon, ready to go...
I express my most enthusiastic THANKS for everyone involved in this conference, and everyone allowing for this to happen for me. I hope I have done it justice in this little blogging-report... IdeaCity; a platform for creativity, passion, inspiration, innovation, and of course, IDEAS...
MY list of "10 things I want to do before I die":
1. Live in the south of France for a while, no car, just a bicycle.
2. Drift in a little boat on the pond in Central Park on a golden afternoon
3. Visit Japan during the cherry-blossom festival
4. Publish everything I've written
5. Stop being so critical of myself
6. Use and perfect all the languages I know
7. Finish reading every book on my list
8. Volunteer abroad for months at a time
9. Ride the Orient Express across Asia
10. Have a lot of kids, a lot of land, and no television... (there must also be a pond, a garden, some chickens, a beehive, a tree fort, a giant kitchen, and a studio for me!)
This list is pretty similar to mine! Great minds think and do alike, I suppose :)
ReplyDeletemost radical list bug xox
ReplyDeleteLaurie
Don't forget #11. Draw/paint Sharon an Andy original! I would love you forever!
ReplyDeleteYou better tick those off soon :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful list!! Keep reaching for those stars :)
ReplyDelete-Tracey G