Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Landscape Painting

Today was my first day painting a landscape outside. I am very tanned. I should paint in a bikini, and get a better tan. But if I did that, I might as well put a hat in front of me, so people can give me change when they look at what I'm painting and when they look at my butt.

The painting is coming along really nicely. I have a great composition, and I like how freely I can paint. When I paint a portrait, everything has to be accurate, because it won't look like the subject AND it will look "off". But in landscape, I can get away with omitting things like a tree, or a building, or a weird clump of grass. I can add things too...

I'll post pics of my own painting later in the week when it's done, but in the meantime here are some landscapes to look at:



John Constable - "The Hay Wain"


Paul Cézanne - Mont Saint Victoire


Edward Hopper - "Road in Maine"


No comments:

Post a Comment