Sunday, August 15, 2010

JAZZ

I am so sincerely thankful for the recommendation I received from my friend Matt.
While I was in Chicago he told me to check out a place called the Green Mill.


And I got to see The Patricia Barber Quartet.
She made that piano just sprinkle sweet notes everywhere, like it was just flowing and sparkling out of her hands. And the bass player was SO into it. You could FEEL his passion and it was like every ounce of himself was singing through his music.


As you may have noticed, my musical tastes are varied and span so many styles and genres.  My trip to Chicago was a definitive sampling of almost everything.  And when we were not listening to live music, we were jamming out to songs from our IPods in the car.

Patricia Barber - Witchcraft


The Green Mill - http://www.greenmilljazz.com/

Patricia Barber - http://www.patriciabarber.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment