Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lollapalooza - DAY TWO


After a fun day of body painting the day before, we dropped by a store to pick up some sponges. As we drove into the city, I cut them into shapes!


When we got there, we left them to see if anyone would use them!



People started to use them!  :)


Mario's new sponged up shirt!


Against Me!


I'd never listened to this band before but we went to see them after our painting party. They were pretty good but we left half-way to get a good spot for Gogol Bordello. Their music reminded me of some cute punk boys I used to know who loved Guiness and had mohawks and looooved to drink. ;)

Gogol Bordello



These guys were EFFING FANTASTIC! I'm talking amazing energy, instant party, everyone jumping! This performance was one of my highlights from Lolla. I want to see them perform again!

Time to roam around the city!


We had a smidgen of time, so we ran off to see the Willis Tower, formerly the Sears Tower, the tallest building in the United States.



Awesome Northern view of Chicago from the top of the Willis Tower.


Then I decided to venture out on the glass deck, even though I've recently discovered my fear of heights. 
As you can see, I am really excited by the idea of getting the hell outta there!!!


Back to the festival!!

Cut Copy




While we were waiting for Phoenix to get on stage, Cut Copy was finishing their set. I was dancing away and having so much fun, and this lovely girl walked by, smiled, said Hello, and gave me a popsicle! 
That was so nice! Thank you!

Phoenix


They sounded great and I love their songs, but I felt like they didn't keep up the momentum. There were points in their performance where the energy level dipped too much. They even said "Goodnight" and left the stage at one point. People started to leave. But I knew that they could not finish without playing "1901".

No comments:

Post a Comment