Friday, December 31, 2010

An Overdose of Elegance

{image source unknown}


{image from Vogue}

{image from Vogue

{image from Vogue}

{image by Aneta Bartos}

{image by Mark Segal for T style spring 2010 styled by David Vandewal}

{image source unknown}

{image source unknown}




{image source unknown} 

 {photo by Lucinda Wedge}

{Kirsten Dunst from the film Marie Antoinette}

{photo by Tim Walker for Vogue UK, July 2005)

{image source unknown}

{Similar bedding can be found at Horchow}

 {image source unknown}

 {mask from Your Fantasy Costume}

 {Cate Blanchett in Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano, from Vogue 2006}

4 comments:

  1. the 11th image from the top on "An Overdose Of Elegance" is mine. My name is Lucinda Wedge. I'm flattered, but you did not receive my permission and therefore have no legal right to use it on your blog. Please credit the picture or remove it. And I don't mean this in a hostile manner. As I said, I'm flattered. Thank you, Lucinda Wedge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucinda, Thank You for making it known to me. I always make an effort to credit artist's work and find sources for the things I share with my readers. Sometimes I come across images online and cannot find a path back to where they are originally from, but I do make a true effort to discover who created them. Being an artist myself I understand and respect intellectual and creative property. I have edited the post and included a link to your website. Thank you for creating that photo. I remember I was looking at two from that story and I couldn't decide which to include since they were both so beautiful. Warm regards and creative wishes, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The latest picture is my favourite. Im on of the biggest fans of Dior, and Galliano's Haute Couture. Cate looks so powerful here, so I decided to paint her. You can check it here http://jacobjohncreater.blogspot.com/2012/02/cate-blanchett-painting.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Jacob! I agree, she looks amazing in that photo and I can understand why you'd want to paint it!

    ReplyDelete