Saturday, August 13, 2011

Reality Check

 An old Cherokee told his grandson, 
“My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy and truth.” 
The boy thought about it, and asked, “Grandfather, which wolf wins?” 
The old man quietly replied - “The one you feed.”
  image by Nick Pedersen from his Sumeru series

5 comments:

  1. Continue to feed that good wolf.

    Carmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carmine! That wolf got a great meal today. I started my teaching position at the school here in Taiwan. I love it. I'm with these beautiful little Taiwanese kids in the most incredible environment. Life is starting to settle now, and soon I will be able to resume my blogging and I'll be able to write letters to people! So wait for a good reply! How is aquatic life? Wonderful I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story!!!

    Andy, I want to say I'm sorry. I got too familiar with you and we don't know each other. It was disrespectful and I apologize. Love the blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael! (I'm not sure what you're apologizing for. Had you said something previously?) We are blog friends, right? I always want to get to know my fellow bloggers/readers more! We are modern-day penpals!! I always like seeing your comments. I wish you an AMAZING week :) Sending high-fives from Taiwan, ANdy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Again Andy,
    As the song goes, "Bye, Bye sailin'..."

    I'm over the top that you are settling in OK and mostly that you are continuing to fascinate us with your blogs and twitter tweets (I'm not a member, but I read yoour tweets everyday).

    Ciao bella,
    Carmine

    ReplyDelete