Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Clumps

My post today is about a video game called Katamari Damacy
I have never played this video game, but I REALLY WANT TO!


From what I know about it, you're a little prince from outerspace, and you have this little ball that is sticky, and you roll it around and it picks up objects and keeps growing, like a snowball. 
You start by picking up little things like erasers and paperclips, and eventually you're picking up whole islands and cloud formations. 
You're trying to create a star and reconstruct the cosmos.


Then you have a giant clump! And I don't know what happens next. 
And I don't know what's going on in the video below, but I think I may have eaten something weird.
Singing ducks. Cranes flying through the air carrying turtles... 


Here's a good video that starts off kind of small. He's picking up bunches of bananas at first.


It has inspired TONS of people everywhere. Check out some of the amazing things they've done!

These are participants in The ING Bay to Breakers 12K race in San Fransisco. They've made a giant Katamari ball to run with.


Here is a Katamari Damacy cake from Sugar ‘n Spires


This is a short stop-motion animation of the prince and his Katamari:


Here is another incredible cake from Mike’s Amazing Cakes of Redmond, Washington.


There's also a bento box!


And a Katamari Damacy sculpture by Jennie Maneri.


Can you see why I want to play this game? 
It looks like crazy mad fun.

And lastly, here's a sculpture by Wendy Walgate that reminds me of a Katamari ball. It is called "Ahimsa Trophy Yellow". She is a Toronto-based ceramic artist. Check out the rest of her work!


3 comments:

  1. Nice collection of Katamari stuff!
    It is my favorite game of all time and I recommend it to all!
    I really hope you get a chance to play it, any version, as their are many.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm gonna try to get my hands on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. And I just took a look at your Tumblr site, and it's AWESOME~!!!!!

    ReplyDelete