Tonight, over salmon sashimi, we started talking about theme songs from old TV shows.
Here are some of my favorites. Some nerdy, some not so nerdy.
I picked some clips from more obscure shows because I could post clips from shows like Transformers, but everyone remembers those, and
I'd like to trigger some long dormant memory in you.
I'd like to trigger some long dormant memory in you.
Unearthing tiny glimpses of things forgotten is delightful :)
This first one is super old and you may only recognize the music.
It was an educational program broadcast on TV Ontario that I used to watch
(I started being nerdy at an early age).
It taught the concepts of physics, and I loved the ones about molecules.
(I started being nerdy at an early age).
It taught the concepts of physics, and I loved the ones about molecules.
"Some of the Molecules Important to Human Life" - by Raphael Abrams at
The following show is responsible for the connection my mind makes whenever I put a hat on my head. Somehow it makes perfect sense to think that it will transport me to somewhere new, but of course this impulse only lasts for a second. I wish I had magic hats.
Harriet's Magic Hats
Harriet's Magic Hats
I'm not sure if they had Reading Rainbow in the States, but this was probably my favorite show.
"Reading is for Awesome People" - shirt by Nerdyshirts.com
and of course the very famous "Reading is Sexy" shirt from buyolympia.com
A TRUE STORY
For years I had a melody in my head and I could not figure out where it was from.
Occasionally I'd sing it to someone and try to see if they knew it too.
But nobody knew it, and it remained a mystery.
Then one night I was surfing around old TV shows on Youtube,
and I found a cute show called Jeremy the Bear.
I listened to the theme song with no recollection until I got to the end.
And then I almost fell off my seat.
And then I almost fell off my seat.
The melody lasts from 0:41 to 0:55.
It's absolutely amazing how the mind stores memories and information.
(maybe THAT would make a good Halloween costume!)
And I'll leave you with this one: Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings.
Well you know my name is Andy,
and the things I draw come true!





I Jeremy theme I remembered was this one...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut9_nhyTlkc
Here's the simon in the land of chalk drawings theme...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsEvbj9o9t4
Aww! Those little songs are so cute!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sending them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA90IlymdZ4
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StzK2CUdozw
Haha!! Mahna Mahna!! and I can't believe you found the opposite song! I don't think I've heard that since we were small
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGqYy2vzZL8
ReplyDeleteBada-Bing, Bada-Beakman ;)
here's more!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXLGHyGxY2E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjgNARNeqk&feature=related
bringing it back to the old school!
Dude. Sharon Lois and Bram.... They were awesome. ANd Fred Penner? I always wanted to have a secret play area hidden in the forest.
ReplyDeleteHow about this one? THE GREEN FOREST http://www.televisiontunes.com/Green_Forest_(The).html
ReplyDeleteI loved the Green Forest!! thanks for sending that over!
ReplyDelete