Gratitude
some thoughts from the Parrot:
- I am thoroughly convinced that I am surrounded by the best people on earth. My friends, near and far, older or younger than I, blood-related or soul-related... When I stop and think of each person in my life, who they are and the unique essence they bring, I know that I am truly blessed. If you're thinking "Is she talking about me?", I probably am! YES, YOU!!! ... No, I'm not joking!!
- Every event in our daily life impacts us and affects us. Our experiences are like weather, unpredictable and uncontrollable, sometimes warm and easy, sometimes dark and difficult. It is not enough for me to say that I am thankful for my experiences. No. I am thankful that I have JOURNALLED through every experience I've ever had. We can walk blind and allow life to pass over us in our movements, or we can study these and learn from them. I would never be who I am if I did not write. From the truthful scribblings in my journals have risen revelations. Patterns in behavior have emerged which could then be changed, and the mental growth is measurable in written retrospect. Through journalling I've also documented some of the most elated and awe-inspiring moments of my life.
- I'm also thankful for Phoebe. She has taught me incredible lessons about love: Phoebe was a very difficult puppy, and there were so many times when I felt angry and frustrated. This tiny ball of wobbly baby-puppy fluff was defiant and proving to be a far cry from the cute and well-behaved puppy of my dreams. She didn't want to snuggle. She didn't want to listen. She peed and pooed on the floor when my back was turned and then she would EAT it!! GROSS!! *Andy throws up* She would do all this when I was getting ready for work! She ate my socks, and other delicate things in my laundry (my lingerie collection!!!) She would bark, and rip things apart, and jump on the table, and sneak food. She was DEFIANT as all hell. I don't have very many good memories about Phoebe for the first 6 months or more. She exhausted me, and I worked really hard at training her and teaching her. Now, she is 4 years old and the best dog in the whole world. She plays and snuggles and is so well-adjusted and happy. Phoebe taught me a lesson in patience and commitment. She taught me that love is not just in the cuddles and quiet times. Love is in your reactions, your selflessness, and your determination to see things through.
(Wow. This is turning out to be one of the most personal and soul-baring blog entries I've ever written.
I'm almost a little nervous to share it)
- In lieu of certain personal events, I thought it would be appropriate to post the following song:
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun... It's all right...
Summer is on it's way. The air is lighter and will be full of fragrance soon. There's so much in this life to do, discover, explore, and laugh about... I'm anticipating nothing but goodness... :)
Big hugs, Snow Leopard

You are a very good mommy for hiding under the blankets, waiting to jump out at Phoebanitu xx
ReplyDeleteI like the "soul-baring" Andy.
ReplyDeleteMore blogs like this please I LOVE reading them:)
I love your positivite outlook. This blog makes me smile.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Michael! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Monica, many more to come !!