Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Today I'll post a bunch of cute Bento Boxes
I am super busy and in a rush, so this is going to be a fun picture post with info courtesy of Wikipedia:

Bento (弁当 bentō?)[1] is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine. A traditional bento consists of rice, fish or meat, and one or more pickled or cooked vegetables, usually in a box-shaped container.

Bento can be very elaborately arranged in a style called kyaraben or "character bento". Kyaraben is typically decorated to look like popular Japanese cartoon characters (anime), characters from comic books (manga), or video game characters.


Amy gifted me with some incredible bento supplies a while back, 
so I'm planning on making a bento, Andy McParrot style.





Another popular bento style is "oekakiben" or "picture bento", which is decorated to look like people, animals, buildings and monuments, or items such as flowers and plants.


"The Great Wave" by Katsushika


And since this is playing on my computer I'm going to gift you with this "way back play back" from 2002.
MEMORIES!!!

2 comments: