Thursday, June 17, 2010

In the Rose Garden

This is a little photo journal from my fantastic journey to Florence, Italy, last year in May. I thought I'd share it here on my blog because it is nice to reminisce, and the pictures are quite lovely. I've included short quotes from the journal I wrote while there:


... "I remember blue skies and yellow sun on my arrival."


 ... "Time to leave for a picnic with the rustle of royal blue in the mid-day Tuscan sun…"

... "Our picnic was made up of a selection of sweet little things in ice-cream containers. Each one opened to reveal it’s own little treasure: fresh pears, pecorino cheese, honey, cherries, biscotti, and dessert wine. Even though they had been sitting in the backpack for a short time, the heat was strong enough to warm them, and when each container opened it released the intensified scent of each fresh treat..."


..."drizzled the honey on the pears and ate them with the pecorino cheese.... I ate... To hell with counting calories while on vacation, right?..."


Collecting rocks for painting later... I actually found them yesterday, in the secret pocket in my purse...


 "Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air and feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way." - Joni Mitchell


... "I let the material of the dress wash over my clean dry skin. It draped down into a soft swathe at my feet and reflected the blue of the Mediterranean sea."

... "Alabaster stones on my chest. Hair up in a bun, soft curls of wheat coloured hair, and the caress of ruby lips against my neck."


... "I breathed in the hillside air, the trees, the scent of the soil and the sweetness of the roses. I soaked in every moment through every pore. This memory was meant to last forever."


..."My eyes open to the roof tops of Florence stretching out before me, the Duomo dominating the distance. The golden afternoon sun hovered atop the city, and the air was intense and warm."

The End

2 comments:

  1. Same time next year? This next time we find the Iris garden on the other side of the hill. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pretty pretty photos

    ReplyDelete