Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday Night Musings

As I sit here pondering life 
with my Cookies and Cream Haagen Dasz, and my mug of red wine, 
I wonder why there is such a lack of cookie to the cream...
Hmm...

Tonight I'm going to post tons of fun fashion pics...
but of what?
hats?
gowns?
lingerie?

 Maybe I'll go with a 1950's theme, as this has been the topic of discussion lately, 
and since i have SO much of it in my files... 
Women looked like presents back them. At least they seem that way.
Maybe I can scrounge up some old pics of myself from 2005 or so when I used to dress like a pin-up.

I'll start off with this one, because it's awesome. Imagine wearing this in the summer to a picnic?



In Sex and The City the character of Charlotte always looked so proper and put together.



The following outfit is subtly sexy (my favorite type of "sexy"). 
The dress is there, but not there. Almost falling off her, kind of disheveled... 
And I can imagine the way the fabric moves when she walks, very flowy and soft...




I have SO much of this lovely vintage lingerie at home. My next shoot should be total 1950's boudoir.


And speaking of lingerie, I might as well post this one. 
I dare you to tell me that the translucent trench coat is NOT unbelievably stunning. 
Seriously! If you saw some gorgeous woman wearing that would you not lose all sense of space and time?


Onwards.

Vintage bathingsuits are essential to happiness. I have several of these too. 
So many photo shoot ideas.


Well, I could just keep going, but it's time for a Wii break... And time for another mug of red wine. 
(and I have no old pin-up pics from 2005, I'll have to wait until I am home and can post them up).
Happy rest-of-the-Sunday people!!

6 comments:

  1. I know, right? I'm thinking of having it made. The fabric looks like it would be slippery and therefore pretty difficult to sew. The possibilities of wearing this make my brain bubble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy I'm gonna have to agree with subtly sexy is also my favourite type of sexy. My most memerable example of this is Sheryl Crow's Video: http://youtu.be/khrx-zrG460 She is wearing a button up cardigan and knee high skirt and is SOOO sexy.
    I miss when women left something to the imagination.
    And Yes the trench coat is stunning. I could totally see you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.keednews.com/?p=224

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending that vid! I totally forgot about that one!! And if I ever get ahold of that trench I'm doing a shoot in it FO SHO. Pics then to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, that trench coat did me in. I'm a sucker for that late 50's, early 60's see through, plasticy outwear fun! Great post, Andy. P.S. Try the passionfruit mango Haagan Daez. You won;t be disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete